Here are the recipes and some pictures:
1 chopped up green pepper
1/2 chopped up white/yellow onion
3 Roma Tomatoes, seeds washed out, diced
1 lb ground beef
Mexican seasoning (I use a liberal dash of Emeril's Southwest Seasoning)
Dash of Garlic (if using fresh-1 clove)
1 can (16 oz) petite diced (crushed can also work) tomatoes (do not drain)
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 can corn (drained)
2 cups of elbow macaroni
1. Heat up olive oil in skillet. When ready brown beef in LARGE skillet.
2. In a large pot bring water to a boil, add elbow macaroni.
3. Add to skillet pepper, onions, and fresh tomatoes to browned beef. Season. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Vegetables should be well-sauteed.
4. Reduce to low heat and add remaining ingredients to skillet. Heat up in skillet for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside when done (all items should be well cooked and hot).
5. Drain macaroni in strainer. Return to pot once cooled. Pour skillet mixture into pot and fold items together so noodles and meat and veggie sauce are well-mixed.
6. Serve warm or cold.
SUPER MOIST CORNBREAD
2 packets of Betty Crocker Corn Meal Mix
1/2 cup of cornmeal or whole wheat flour
2 spoonfuls of sour cream
1/2 cup of Milk
4 tbsp of butter (melted)
1 can of creamed corn
Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheeses (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 11x11 baking dish with non-stick spray or Crisco.
2. Mix together all ingredients except shredded cheese. Do not over mix, should have dry crumbles.
3. Pour into pan. At this point you can lightly sprinkle over the shredded cheeses if you would like. Bake in oven for 15-20 minute until golden brown.
4. When its done use a knife around the edges of the baking dish to "cut out" bread. Flip immediately over a cutting board (so corn stays evenly distributed and keeps it moist. Remove from pan completely and let cool for at least 15-20 minutes or until cool.
5. Cut and serve.