This special recipe my son loves to eat up. Its extra chocolatey and super fun to make. You just take a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and make a couple yummy changes. But try not to eat the whole plate right up!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Several varieties of chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate chunks, etc.)
- Chopped nuts or small marshmallows (optional)
- 2 tsp. Hersey's chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. **Note: For best results chill dough before baking for 1/2 hour.**
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate syrup. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets, or use an icecream scooper for perfect shape and easy scooping.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until done in center. Cookies will be a medium brown. Cool on baking sheets and remove to wire racks to finish cooling. Serve warm with glass of cold milk. Yum!
--The Unique Mom